Practical Process Control Techniques – this popular 3-day course is a must for people who want to polish up their regulatory control skills and get some hands on experience with loop tuning. The agenda also covers design of Advanced Regulatory Control with an introduction to higher level technologies. Attendees from a range of disciplines (process engineers, instrument/electrical engineers, instrument/DCS technicians, industry consultants and process control engineers) have benefited from the blend of practical techniques explained through the use of real life examples and simulation exercises. A detailed course agenda is provided here.
• Process Control context – objectives, benefits, threats, terminology and structure.
• Process Responses – types and measurement.
• Data analysis – sampling, noise and filtering.
• PID feedback control – PID components, equation types and tuning approaches.
• Tuning techniques – flow, pressure, temperature and level tuning approaches.
• Loop performance and instrument vulnerabilities.
• Dealing with Deadtime – tuning and model based control.
• Cascade control – initialisation and anti-windup issues.
• Process non-linearity and how to deal with this.
• Constraint control and ratio control.
• Dynamic compensation and feedforward control.
• Alternative level control approaches.
• Distillation control approaches.
• Interaction and Decoupling.
• Duty control.
• Use of calculations and pressure compensated temperatures.
• Use of engineering models and developing an inference.
• Analyser feedback control.
• Control scheme design, implementation and maintenance and Operator Needs.
• Multivariable Predictive Control and benefits estimation.
• Other APC Techniques: Neural networks, Fuzzy logic and Expert Systems.
Valuable training hours to meet professional CPD requirements whatever your discipline.
Course duration: 3 day
Maximum number of attendees: 20
Course price: $2400